United Technologies Corporation Analysis Group Leader in Burnsville, Minnesota
Job ID: 01356227
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HMN01: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville 14300 Judicial Rd, Burnsville, MN, 55306 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position manages a team of intermediate or experienced professionals in Aero Thermal Fluids Engineering. Manages the execution of company programs or subsystems of major programs and related product engineering goals and objectives. Oversees design, development, and test of a variety of power plants, aircrafts and parts, implements design criteria for related products or systems, evaluates product data and design, and ensures compliance with noise regulations, specifications and guarantee requirements.
• Manages the execution of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
• Supervises engineers and/or support-level employees for a small organization to ensure smooth functioning of the department.
• Manages the execution of product engineering operational plans related to Aerodynamics/Aeronautics, Thermodynamics, Aero Thermal analysis, Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, Aero Mechanics, and Acoustics.
• Oversees design, development, and test of a variety of power plants, aircraft, systems, and/or parts.
• Oversees the implementation of aerodynamic/aeronautic, thermodynamic, aero thermal, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, aero mechanic, and/or acoustic design criteria for products or systems, including testing methods, production costs, quality standards, and completion dates.
• Oversees predictive modeling of new and derivative noise levels and designs elements of vehicles and systems to ensure compliance with noise regulations, specifications and guarantee requirements.
• Evaluates product data and design from inspections and reports for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, and quality standards.
• Supervises the analysis of project requests, proposals, or engineering data to determine feasibility, productivity, cost, or production time of products.
• Manages product engineering related to Aerodynamics/ Aeronautics, Thermodynamics, Aero Thermal analysis, Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, Aero Mechanics, and Acoustics.
• Designs, develops, and tests a variety of power plants, aircrafts and parts.
• Establishes specifications, performs analysis, and conducts performance tests.
• Predicts new and derivative noise levels and designs elements of vehicles and systems to ensure compliance with noise regulations, specifications and guarantee requirements.
• Includes aerodynamics, stability and control, flutter and vibration, landing loads, aircraft or system structures, hydrodynamics, propulsion system, fuels and combustion, aero-acoustics, aero-mechanics, heat transfer and instrumentation.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.