United Technologies Corporation Senior Platform Systems Engineer - Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID: 01314860
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Category: Systems, Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The Rotary Wing Platform Systems (RWPS) department is looking for a Senior Platform Systems Engineer with former attack helicopter pilot experience to develop aircraft system requirements, design, and test for the Future Assault Reconnaissance Aircraft (FARA) program. FARA is one of the five aircraft that comprise the US Army Future Vertical Lift (FVL) modernization priority, with a focus on improving capability in the near-future battle space
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a seasoned Systems Engineering professional, working independently. Converts product requirements into total system solutions, leads trade studies, and implements common work practices.
The Senior Systems Engineer is expected utilize their experience as an attack helicopter pilot to support the development of the avionics architecture, translate the customer requirements to platform requirements, determine use case scenarios and provide that information to the team, and allocate requirements to the various subsystems (Displays, Flight Management Systems, Communications, etc.). This engineer is expected to collaborate with the customer's pilot community in order to keep the user's needs in mind with the design of the avionics suite of the aircraft. This effort will transition to assembling the software/hardware components and testing the overall system. This program will provide an exciting, high-paced, dynamic environment which will result in building a bridge to our future technologies at Collins Aerospace as well as providing a differentiator for the US Army’s continual drive for airspace superiority.
• Executes objectives for requirements management, reliability, logistics, coordination of different teams, evaluation measurements, and other disciplines for large or complex projects.
• Monitors the cost, effectiveness, and reliability of activities and recommend modifications to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and ensure that standards are met
• Manages work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools for large or complex projects.
• Researches and evaluates investments or changes in technology, resources, procedures, equipment, systems, or other assets to improve the quality of the organization’s systems products and services.
• Provides analysis for the decomposition of customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and develops verification criteria and plans for the requirements
• Performs analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, fabrication, modeling, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Considers and evaluates alternatives accounting for similar metrics.
• Manages configuration process, performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs architectural exploration.
• Decomposes customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and generates verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.