United Technologies Corporation Spclst, Supply Chain Mgmt in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID: 01368141
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This position is for a Seasoned professional contributor in Supply Chain Management. May manage small projects for supply chain management. Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with major impact on Supply Chain strategies and operational goals. Responsible for making moderate improvements to supply chain management processes and systems. Works to influence other functions/vendors to support Supply Chain strategy.
• Supports senior managements across Supply Chain disciplines to identify gaps in processes and implementations; Conducts root cause analysis and identifies strategies to bridge the gaps. Supports implementation of identified processes and monitors to closure.
• Supports identification of opportunities for process improvements and cost reductions.
• Gathers information on new vendors, sources, market, current processes and prices and seeks approval from seniors.
• Resolves escalated issues with vendors and Supply Chain management.
• Adheres to import, export, and excise regulation as per compliance.
• May manage Supply Chain processes.
• Manages major responsibilities across multiple supply chain disciplines on a regular basis.
• Performs supply chain activities that cannot be attributed to a defined discipline.
• May also include professional employees required to perform activities across several disciplines on smaller sites.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required. . US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Candidate must have Supply Chain experience and should have experience working with suppliers and negotiations. Analysis and project management a plus.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.