United Technologies Corporation Carrier Graduate Hire Program - Chiller System Modeling, Design and Qualification Engineer in Charlotte, North Carolina
Job ID: 01365239
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
CAN03: Carrier-Charlotte, NC 9701 Old Statesville Road, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering, you may be eligible for Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2020 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Digital Products, Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineering experience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year development program.
The primary responsibility of the position is the engineering of chiller systems
· Engineering activities on chiller products, including model based design of the components, chiller systems and qualification
· Develop heat exchanger components in collaboration with heat transfer technology experts
· Confirm product design performance, capability and reliability through product qualification
· Collaborate with internal and external research group in developing new technologies and system solutions.
· Collaborate with manufacturing faculties to effectively implement designs into production
· Collaborate with the product marketing teams locally to develop product requirements and ensure that the product meets their needs when launched
· Collaborate with both internal and external component suppliers to complete design requirements
· Team member ofthe ChillerDevelopment organization
Experience & Qualifications
· Thermodynamic based modeling and optimization of chiller system design
· Experience in Modeling, and qualification of thermal systems
· Experience with ASME pressure vessel design is desirable
· Demonstrated use of model-based verification techniques (preferred skill)
· Leadership and teamwork skills
· Strong communication skills,
· MS or Ph.D. in mechanical or related engineering is preferred with 0-2 (for P1), 3-5 (for P2) years of experience
Preferred Technical Skills:
· Exposure to system level projects
· Experience with modeling tools such as Dymola, Python, EES, Matlab, etc
· Experience in model-based design or verification techniques
· Experience working as part of a globally distributed team
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.