United Technologies Corporation Training and Information Manager in East Hartford, Connecticut
Job ID: 01320490
City: East Hartford
Country: United States
Category: Strategic Planning
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney Military Engines’ Business Acquisition Center of Excellence (BACE) organization is seeking a highly- experienced, proven professional to serve as manager for Training and Information. This position will report directly to the Deputy Director of the BACE and work closely in strategic alignment with the BACE Senior Leadership team and the Military Engines Program Management Discipline Chief. This alignment will enhance communication and improve the execution of the Business Acquisition Process across Military Engines. The Training and Information Manager is responsible for creating and facilitating BACE training curriculum. Additionally, this position will oversee a team of 3-5 professionals in activities supporting the BACE proposal process such as the knowledge center management, customer relation management (CRM) tool manager, and the BACE coordinator. The position requires strategic leadership skills and the ability to clearly identify and articulate training needs and how those needs connect to successful business outcomes. The T&I Manager will be required to collaborate with BACE leadership to develop team and individual training action plans to address training gaps and influence action plan outcomes.
Detailed responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Managing a team of 3-5 direct reports who lead the BACE administrative, supporting efforts in the areas of CRM management, Knowledge Center management and the BACE coordinator. • Developing partnerships with internal customers, ME and BACE senior leadership to inform and influence the creation of training action plans for BACE and ME. • Work in tandem with the ME Project Management Discipline team to build efficiency across ME programs on the Business Acquisition Process. • Own the responsibility for coordinating, managing, and facilitating business acquisition skills for learning and development training. Develop training curriculum by monitoring and measuring results, including: o Collaborating with the ICS team to help continually improve the BD Academy training program. o Managing third party training being offered to the BACE and our internal customers. • Own responsibility for coordinating and managing the information and data tools available for the Business Acquisition Process including: o Managing the relationship with Digital Technology and the ME CRM lead to ensure that BACE and ICS recommended changes are being prioritized. o Working with Proposal Management to ensure the BACE Knowledge Center and CRM tool are providing the support and data resources needed. • Foster open dialog with senior leaders and functional leaders regarding training challenges. Provide training resources and solutions. • Demonstrate change leadership in your role in an effort to align understanding, communicate the why, and provide the overall big picture to support our company initiatives; demonstrate how behavior changes will support sustained improvement in company results, job performance, and satisfaction. • Challenge your own personal development of facilitation skills by enhancing your knowledge of products, materials, programs and testing new and updated ways to facilitate the delivery of your content to meet the needs of the learners. • Identify areas for improvement and seek self-development opportunities and continuous feedback from Military Engines Teams and Leadership. • Maintain a high level of team based communication and support with peer positions to support concurrent curriculum and ensure consistency of the programming is being upheld. Collaborate in the design, creation and execution of face to face course content, distance learning and development workshop training materials as directed. • Strengthen alignment across the BACE information and data teams with the larger BACE mission and goals. • Actively engage in the ACE process and improvement initiatives in regards to BACE business objectives. Act as a trusted resource to the BACE organization for continued skill development.
BA/BS degree required; a degree in Education, Finance, Business, Project Management or related field preferred; MA/MS degree in Education, Finance, Business, Project Management or related field preferred
• 10+ years’ experience designing and delivering curriculum to professionals
• 5+ years’ experience directly managing and developing employees
• U.S. Citizenship is required due to access to export controlled data
• Capacity to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects and programs autonomously to meet established deadlines. Exhibit your working knowledge of all learning platforms, product knowledge and training materials to support programs and program participants.
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications. Exhibit professional facilitation of training content, and/or meeting execution.
• Demonstrate credibility in your position and represent training in a professional manner. Manage current training initiatives while maintaining a strong presence in the classroom.
• Proven work experience as a training manager.
• Active US Government Security Clearance preferred, ability to acquire a government security clearance required.
• Understanding of the Business Acquisition Process and/or Shipley Process
• Experience with PW Military Engine products and services
• Experience with USG/DoD or international military Proposal and Contracting
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and SharePoint
• Required Competencies: Strategic Leadership, Program Management, Creative Thinking, Problem Solving, Business Judgement, Communication, Teamwork/team building, Listening, Adaptability
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.