United Technologies Corporation Supplier Quality Development Supervisor in Everett, Washington
Job ID: 01359634
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HWA32: US124-Everett (Commando), WA 11404 Commando Road , Everett, WA, 98204 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
• You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
• You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
• You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position manages the execution of Supplier Quality objectives. May lead a team of intermediate level Quality professionals or a team of supervisors of Technical / Business support employees. Sets day-to-day operational objectives for supplier qualification / certification, assessment, monitoring, escape management, and quality issue resolution processes.
• Performs and supervises processes related to Supplier Quality initiatives, including supplier qualifications / certifications, assessments, monitoring, escape management, and / or quality issue resolution processes.
• Performs and supervises implementation of supplier specific quality initiative strategies.
• Performs and supervises Supplier Quality-related activities, such as raw material assessments, design of contracted manufactured items, and / or materials packaging; ensuring service providers and laboratories employ good manufacturing practices (GMP) and procurement practices meet or exceed requirements.
• Performs ZDP™ training, reviews, reporting, and mentoring for assigned Supplier Quality Engineers and suppliers.
• Performs and supervises processes or standards to support the UTC Supplier Gold and ZDP™ program, ensuring healthy continuous improvement and sustainability.
• Performs and supervises processes to ensure that supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
• Manages supplier quality issues through monitoring / escalation processes, escape management, processing of supplier submission of non-conforming material and supporting internal MRB processes.
• Initiates, tracks, and verifies part specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions.
• Manages source inspection and material release processes.
• Supervises and performs Escape management procedures, drives root cause analysis & problem solving (Red-X & 8D) and recommends corrective and preventive action for systemic process and product design problems for product provided by suppliers.
• Drives Corrective Action Boards/DQ Clinics with suppliers.
• Analyzes quality data to identify systemic issues and develops supplier specific quality initiative strategies and addresses with key proactive quality tools (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, SPC, etc.), driving their implementation.
• Supervises and supports supplier audit system, and performs supplier system and product audits to verify compliance to requirements.
• Supervises assigned Suppler Quality Engineers and personnel to ensure performance per requirements.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.