United Technologies Corporation Operations Manager - Blount Island in Jacksonville, Florida
Job ID: 01368946
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HFL04: ASG Jacksonville-Blount Island 6061 BF Goodrich Blvd , Jacksonville, FL, 32226 USA
About the Business
While the rest of Collins Aerospace soars into the sky, Engineered Polymer Products dives into the sea! Located in Jacksonville, Florida, EPP specializes in marine applications for surface ships and submarines. Our dedicated teams create specialty naval parts that aid the U.S. Navy in executing their mission, ensuring excellence every day. Consider joining a community focused on culture, quality, and safety, and apply today!
Position Summary - Blount Island Location
EPP’s Operations Manager is a highly motivated, people leader responsible for owning and managing the product line’s performance and people. This individual reports to the General Manager who is accountable for the value management stream, strategic and tactical supply chain, ACE (continuous improvement) and cost reduction. A successful EPP Operations Manager will utilize lean tools and processes within their departments and cross-functionally to improve their business’ performance while working comfortably within a diverse, global matrix organization.
Leadership behaviors expected at the Jacksonville, FL Site:
Inspires & Empowers, Builds Trust, Drives Change & Innovation, Champions Customer Culture
• Manages and ensures all quality related items for the unit or shift are complete and documented so that established quality standards are met
• Implement continuous improvement initiatives using lean tools and practices.
• Leads cost reduction efforts and process improvements for the unit or shift to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness
• Leads scheduling for the unit or shift to ensure that operations run according to established production schedules
• Leads the sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, for the unit or shift to ensure smooth operations and optimal use of resources
• Heads materials and logistics problem resolution for the unit or shift to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations
• Establishes performance objectives and leads cell performance and productivity
• Leads production innovation, including additive manufacturing, for the unit or shift to enhance production capabilities
• Partners with customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive satisfactory standards of services
• Responsible for all or a major portion of processing operations in a plant
• Oversees production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), manufacturing engineering, and operations supervisors
• Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function
• Performs professional or management work regularly across multiple Manufacturing disciplines
The candidate will have 8+ years of related experience in positions of increasing responsibility in manufacturing/operations, supply chain management, finance, business strategy, or similar fields. Additionally, the candidate should have strong business acumen and the ability to lead cross-organizational teams and peers.
Basic Qualifications :
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every d
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.