United Technologies Corporation Operational Excellence Engineer in Lenexa, Kansas
Job ID: 01321072
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HKS31: US041-Lenexa, KS 10800 Pflumm Road , Lenexa, KS, 66215 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
• You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
• You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
• You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position is for an established quality professional.Sets objectives in ACE/Continuous Improvement initiatives.Makes enhancements to systems and processes to solve problems and improve quality effectiveness.
• Will apply Lean Manufacturing methodologies within the business to drive “best in class” processes in Operations.
• Will lead Continues Improvement activities and Assessments that enable the facility to achieve the required corporate certifications (Bronze, Silver, Gold status).
• Responsible for coordinating monthly Business Performance Metrics that focus on organization objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality.
• Ability to practice Continuous Improvement tools including, but not limited to, Kaizen Events, TPM, VSM, Kanban, Standard Work, 5S, and Problem Solving techniques.
• Assist internal staff, suppliers, customers, and partners with initiatives to re-engineer processes and methods that adequately assure the quality of the organization's products.
• Oversees internal Lean Manufacturing trainings and facilitates Kaizen events.
• Recommends process and procedural changes to ensure that company objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met.
• Will coach and drive teams to achieve On Time Delivery objectives.
• Lead Manufacturing teams to achieve gains in productivity by performing time studies and line balancing activities.
• Familiar with material replenishment systems and overall Manufacturing process flow.
• Drive Tier Management systems and accountability across the plant.
• Lead any team in the organization (Purchasing, Planning, Manufacturing, Sales, Materials, Quality) on Root Cause analysis and problem Solving.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and less than 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.