United Technologies Corporation Production Planning Coordinator in Opa-locka, Florida
Job ID: 01363523
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HFL05: Landing Gear - Miami 3201 NW 167th Street , Opa Locka, FL, 33056 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This position is for a senior Logistics technician who is under general supervision. Coordinates movement of materials, products or machinery and notifies of incoming shipments and estimated delivery times. Maintains and updates production and delivery schedules. May assist orienting, training, and assigning work of business support employees.
• Works under general supervision to provide assistance with managing inventory and movement of materials.
• Prepares necessary shipping documentation.
• Checks arriving materials to ensure that they match purchase orders, submitting discrepancy reports as necessary.
• Coordinates movement of materials, products or machinery and notifies of incoming shipments and estimated delivery times.
• Maintains and updates production and delivery schedules.
• Responds to fairly complex customer or shipper questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
• Tracks and traces goods while they are on route to their destinations, expediting delivery when necessary.
• Maintains data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions and other documents to assess supply needs.
• Provides logistics documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment and related manuals to be deployed and stocked.
• Reviews configuration changes to evaluate impact on logistics deployment.
• Plans, schedules and manages the efficient movement of material from receiving, or the warehouse, to production.
• Manages material inventory, supplier integration strategies (VMI/3PL/supermarkets) and import/export controls.
• Partners with Industrial Engineering on packaging strategies.
Works with production control and material planners to prioritize lagging parts
Utilizes SAP to locate parts on the Shop Floor and understand processing gaps
References induction schedule to track parts through the Shop for Assembly to uphold OTD.
Raises risks to OTD to Production Control Planners and Manager.
Ensures that all operations have been stamped on documentation
Ensures proper documentation accompanies all parts
Provides support during quality audits
Supports physical inventory count activities as required, including counting, data entry and reconciliation activities
Follows good housekeeping and safety practices applicable to the department and shop floor
Consistently demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement; actively participates in and supports continuous improvement events
Performs other duties as assigned
This position requires HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.