United Technologies Corporation Mgr, Supplier Performance in Phoenix, Arizona
Job ID: 01361437
Country: United States
Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HAZ01: Interiors (Evac Sys)-Phoenix 3414 S 5th Street, Phoenix, AZ, 85040 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
This position is for an Experienced Supply Chain professional, who monitors supplier performance, conducts on site assessments, and helps key suppliers in issue resolution. Works with management of key suppliers and coordinates across sites and functional boundaries. Coordinates the identification and resolution of risks / obstacles to ensure manufacturing, supply chain, and delivery schedules are in alignment with customer needs.
• Executes onsite assessments with the critical buyers, quality, and engineering teams to drive supplier improvement.
• Uses Supplier Development Playbook and other performance improvement tools to improve key supplier performance to Supplier Gold standards.
• Partners with suppliers to identify and remove barriers to the implementation of CI to improve on-time delivery and quality.
• Monitors and analyzes supplier performance and applies sustainable countermeasures and actions in order to facilitate improvement.
• Conducts production readiness assessments for New Product Introduction and rate increases, including capacity confirmation to ensure a timely ramp-up to production volumes.
• Monitors key performance indicators, analyzes cost-to-serve performance data, and coordinates cross-functional work teams to increase effectiveness of supply chain initiatives.
• Engages the management of key suppliers to initiate appropriate improvement programs to achieve and sustain high levels of performance.
• Coordinates across sites and functional boundaries to identify and resolve risks/obstacles in a pro-active and expeditious manner to ensure manufacturing, supply chain and delivery schedules are in alignment with customer needs.
• Plans, organizes, directs and reports all activities and matters relating to supplier performance.
• Evaluates supplier performance, management, capacity and production readiness.
• Assesses supplier qualifications including training and certifications.
• Elaborates supplier development plans and works in collaboration with the supplier to ensure best performance is achieved.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.