United Technologies Corporation Specialist, EH&S Generalist in Phoenix, Arizona
Job ID: 01359508
Country: United States
Category: Environment, Health & Safety, Corporate Careers
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HAZ01: Interiors (Evac Sys)-Phoenix 3414 S 5th Street, Phoenix, AZ, 85040 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
This position is for an Experienced EH&S Generalist professional who works independently, executing initiatives and programs across multiple EH&S disciplines, and monitors local performance and supports practices to achieve and maintain compliance. Responsible for developing materials for EH&S trainings, achieves and maintains standard documentation, and provides updates to processes and programs to enhance EH&S performance.
• Executes initiatives, programs, procedures, reports, permits and trainings across multiple EH&S disciplines, as required to achieve and maintain compliance.
• Monitors local performance against EH&S regulatory requirements to achieve and maintain conformance.
• Supports business partners' facilities and employee practices to achieve and maintain understanding and compliance with EH&S regulations.
• Contributes to required environmental regulatory reports and submissions to achieve and maintain standard documentation.
• Assists and develops materials for EH&S training and communications on subjects required by regulations such as confined space, respiratory protection, compressed gases, electrical safety, ergonomics, etc. to achieve and maintain that procedures are understood and applied.
• Provides support for contract negotiation/creation to the team to achieve and maintain safety and compliance to regulations.
• Acts as a partner in EH&S by formulating and administering EH&S plans and procedures including EH&S Program Management.
• Has responsibility for multiple EH&S specialties.
• May perform tasks associated with Health / Safety and Environmental / Compliance.
• Coordinates with business partners for EH&S concerns regarding facilities and employee practices.
• May have responsibility for facilities and / or medical at a site.
• Organizes and maintains EH&S policies to achieve and maintain compliance with regulations.
• Manages relationships across other specialized departments to achieve and maintain compliance with EH&S regulations and UTC requirements.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.