United Technologies Corporation Program/Process Engineer in Pueblo, Colorado
Job ID: 01363183
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HCO02: Wheels & Brakes (Carbon)-Puebl 50 William White Blvd, Pueblo, CO, 81001 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
The Program/Process Engineer is responsible for managing and monitoring the manufacturing-related processes for carbon-carbon fiber brakes for aerospace applications, qualifying new technology and aircraft programs into production, and providing hands-on leadership in the identification of sources of process/product variation. The Program/Process Engineer will also identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives, typically aimed at improving product performance, reducing process variation and product cost. They will provide cross functional leadership and work directly with all levels of staff from production floor to senior leadership to ensure production material meets all necessary quality standards while still maintaining on-time delivery goals.
• Ongoing production monitoring and troubleshooting of problems associated with all assigned aircraft programs.
• Detailed technical report completion, data mining and analysis, specification development and maintenance, technical presentations, and multi-site coordination to meet program goals.
• Continuous improvement initiatives aimed at reducing cost, and reducing process variation.
• Liaison with Operations, Production Control, EH&S and CDS regarding production issues associated with their aircraft programs.
• Liaison between Troy, OH., the other carbon sites, and Pueblo regarding support/information associated with their aircraft programs.
• Responsible for maintaining and/or writing of specs and drawings for all assigned aircraft programs at the AMF level and below.
• 3+ years of experience working with processing of composites.
• Experience in a regulated industry like the FAA or FDA.
• Worked with Chemical Vapor Deposition process for at least 1 year.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Project management experience.
• Educational Disciplines: Chemical, Ceramic, Mechanical or Materials.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.