United Technologies Corporation Senior Associate Materials Planner in Pueblo, Colorado
Job ID: 01358896
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HCO02: Wheels & Brakes (Carbon)-Puebl 50 William White Blvd, Pueblo, CO, 81001 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The Materials Analyst position is responsible for using our MRP system to plan, schedule and maintain production orders as they relate to our customers’ demand. This person is also responsible for cycle count activities, variance management, and accurate inventory reporting. The Materials Analyst needs to understand MRP activities, parameters and be able to interpret takt times, cycle times and lead times into the production processes in the plant. All phases of the production control function are to be performed with the highest level of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
Incumbent’s responsibilities will generally focus on the following:
• Distribution and Logistics
• In-process Inventory Control
• Warehouse Management
• Purchasing Direct Material
• Interpreting MRP and Kanban signals to enable on time delivery to our customers
• Coordinate Engineering project from a Production Control perspective
Level of Responsibility:
• Responsible for projects or multiple tasks within production control and purchasing disciplines
• Makes significant contributions to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline
• Works with minimal guidance on projects
• Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the production control and purchasing—continuing to develop specialized knowledge
All Employees Shall:
• Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
• Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
• Attend scheduled EH&S training program
• Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans
• Recommend improved EH&S practices
Prior Kanban or pull-system experience preferred
Prior production planning/scheduling and production control experience strongly preferred
Experience with job order releasing, monitoring/prioritizing in a manufacturing or production environment strongly preferred
Inventory control experience including variance management strongly preferred
Lead cycle count process and annual physical inventory
High level of understanding of ERP/MRP systems
Significant experience with lean manufacturing techniques and lean transformation
Maintain reporting of metrics for logistics and initiate activities in response to department and plant performance
APICS membership a plus
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.