United Technologies Corporation Fullstack Data & Software Developer in Rockford, Illinois
Job ID: 01376315
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position is for an experienced Materials Planning and SIOP professional who is responsible for the supply and demand planning process, and for making moderate improvements to systems and processes to enhance performance of work area and team. Works with internal team to develop financial forecasts.
• Develops strategies for materials planning and SIOP.
• Responsible for the development of standardized processes within materials planning and SIOP in order to optimize the utilization of business resources and meet customer expectations for delivery.
• Responsible for the development of indicators that enable visibility to short and long-term market trends and demand.
• Identifies appropriate demand streams and establishes data relationship linkages.
• Works with product development leaders and sales and marketing teams to develop demand forecasts.
• Responsible for planning capacity and fulfillment demand with plant manufacturing operations.
• Works with manufacturing team and develops monthly production volume planning using the business forecast, inventory position, actual customer orders, and the defined capacity parameters.
• Identifies and develops new technologies to improve materials planning and SIOP capability, sustainability, and reliability.
• Responsible for tracking appropriate metrics to drive results and continuous improvement.
• Responsible for the development of processes and plans to improve supply capabilities.
• Establishes clear and robust metrics to measure progress through process improvements for SIOP.
• Creates and executes plan for every part and maintain master data for purchased parts, sub-assemblies, end items and other parts as required.
• Facilitates the capacity management process, including identification and escalation of long term capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands in support of SI&OP.
• Executes continuous management of the master demand schedule, including adherence to all required validations using the best information available, in order to provide long range OE and aftermarket demand visibility in support of financial planning, internal and external capacity management, and the overall SI&OP process.
• Monitors the transportation and delivery of inter/intraplant parts and outbound finished products.
• Tracks and manages inter/intraplant work in process (WIP), promise dating, expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow.
• May oversee command center and drive part shortage resolution.
• Monitors tracking and shipping.
• Performs escalated expediting when required to ensure on time delivery of material.
• Mitigates risks for short term shortages with internal suppliers to ensure successful customer delivery.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.
In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
Knowledgeable with at least one web stack, one desktop stack, and one mobile stack is preferred.
Experience with Stack stands for Front End UI, Middleware Software, and Data Storage for an application is preferred
Experience in 2 stacks with 1+ years each and working knowledge of the third stack type is preferred.
Experience with Agile development methodologies as well as agile design thinking and Agile Certification (or 3+ years working in the agile framework) is preferred.
Experience in data conversion, manipulation, and extraction methodologies including non-Excel experience working with data methodologies is preferred.
Certifications in relative technologies, not including boot camp certifications (from a standard certifying body such as Pearson, Oracle, SAFe, SAS, Microsoft, etc.) is preferred.
Experience with the following: SQL, APIs, Web Apps, XML/ JSON, .Net, Kanban boards, VBA is preferred.
Working experience (1+ years) with each of these with a focus on SQL, VBA) is preferred.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.