United Technologies Corporation Senior Manager, Quality Engineering in Troy, Ohio
Job ID: 01388575
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HOH12: Wheels & Brakes - Troy 101 Waco Street, Troy, OH, 45373 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
• You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
• You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
• You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
Ensures that the quality of UTC suppliers, products and processes are compliant with internal and regulatory standards and are continuously improving.
• Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for materials being processed into partially finished or finished products.
• Working with product design and specification, devises testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of product Collaborates internally to ensure quality standards are in effect.
• Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts. Identifies and manages risk in product development primarily utilizing and driving UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.).
• Develops proactive quality initiative strategies and drives their implementation.
• Performs Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and recommends corrective action for design problems for internally produced products & processes.
• Ensures all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
• Designs and implements product engineering changes to satisfy quality issues raised by customers. Responsible for both Program and Product Quality Engineering.
Organization Level Description:
• Owns the execution of Program Quality long-term strategy (e.g., more than 3 years) and operational direction, typically for an entire region, country, product or business of considerable size and scope. or,
• Owns the establishment and execution of short- to medium-term operational plans (e.g., less than 1 year to 1-2 years) for the organization.
• Problems faced are often complex and require extensive investigation and analysis.
• Requires ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches, and ability to communicate and influence executive leadership.
• Owns the execution of Program Quality Engineering operational goals and plans.
• May lead multiple teams responsible for Program Quality Engineering for a large organization.
• Sets direction and leads resources to develop, modify, apply, and maintain quality evaluation, control systems, and protocols.
• Provides guidance across the organization in the implementation of corrective actions for design problems for internally produced products and processes.
• Owns the execution of Program Quality Engineering strategy aimed at reducing nonconformities and ensuring quality standards are in effect.
• Develops and leads implementation of solutions to complex and high-level nonconformities and to satisfy key quality issues raised by customers.
• Responsibility Statements Leads the identification and management of risk in product development, driving utilization of UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.). Directs Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and the development of recommendations for corrective action for design problems for internally produced products & processes.
• Leads teams responsible for ensuring all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link at http://www.utc.com/privacy to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.