United Technologies Corporation Shipping/Receiving Clerk in Westminster, California
Job ID: 01365301
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HCA41: US092-Westminster, CA 7155 Fenwick Lane , Westminster, CA, 92683 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Role Overview
This position is for a Logistics technician who is under direct supervision. Prepares necessary shipping documentation. Responds to basic to fairly complex customer or shipper questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services. Uses standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Works under direct supervision to provide assistance with managing inventory and movement of materials.
• Prepares necessary shipping documentation.
• Checks arriving materials to ensure they match purchase orders.
• Handles and maintains flow of materials and products in manufacturing areas according to established guidelines.
• Maintains and updates production and delivery schedules.
• Responds to basic to fairly complex customer or shipper questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
• Tracks and traces goods while they are on route to their destinations.
• Collects and compiles data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions and other documents to assess supply needs.
• Provides logistics documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment and related manuals to be deployed and stocked.
• Reviews configuration changes to evaluate impact on logistics deployment.
• Plans, schedules and manages the efficient movement of material from receiving, or the warehouse, to production.
• Manages material inventory, supplier integration strategies (VMI/3PL/supermarkets) and import/export controls.
• Partners with Industrial Engineering on packaging strategies.
This position requires an HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.