United Technologies Corporation Systems Architect Manufacturing Engineering in Wilson, North Carolina
Job ID: 01363225
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Category: Systems, Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in Manufacturing Engineering who reviews completed layouts, guides lower level engineering personnel, and ensures excellent manufacturing engineering techniques being used. Adapts machine and equipment design, maintains existing quality and resolves problems.
• Works with limited oversight to perform complex activities relating to manufacturing design concepts and specification requirements to ensure full utilization of manufacturing equipment.
• Develops statistical process control quality control methods; continuously monitors and controls the process..
• Analyzes research findings to adapt machine and equipment design to factory and production conditions.
• Plans and designs operations sequencing and specification procedures to optimize efficiency and quality in the fabrication of tools and equipment.
• Supports existing product line design activities and/or modification of operational processes to help enhance products and process and ensure that current and future business needs are met.
• Guides lower level staff on engineering design concepts and specification requirements.
• Provides technical leadership and trains professional staff to diagnose and solve problems and build capabilities.
• Designs and plans layout for assembly and materials handling.
• Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
• Plans sequence of operations and specification procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
• Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
• Provides guidance for engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.