United Technologies Corporation FP&A Manager in Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Job ID: 01347012
City: Windsor Locks
Country: United States
Category: Corporate Careers, Finance
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Role Overview – FP&A Manager
This position is for an Experienced Financial Planning and Analysis professional, overseeing financial analysis, research, budgets, and forecasts. Responsible for preparing forecasts and performing financial modeling to develop and provide reports for functional or operational management. This role supports overall $2.4B Aftermarket business based in Windsor Locks, CT, and directly supports the VP of Aftermarket and Director of Finance.
• Manages financial analysis, research, budgets, and forecasts to support annual and strategic business plans.
• Business partner to Aftermarket sub-business unit general manager of $700M P&L
• Presents sub-business unit aftermarket financials in senior leadership reviews including Profit Assurance meetings
• Prepares forecasts and performs financial modeling to develop recommendations for management.
• Reviews financial reports, P&L, balance sheet, cash flows and statistical analysis for accuracy.
• Provides reports to functional or operational management on financial analysis results and recommendations.
• Advises on operations finance activities, such as programs, pricing, sales, and supply chain.
• Conducts special projects as requested and builds analytical models to perform complex analyses.
• Analyzes profit-and-loss income statements and prepares reports on findings to make budgeting and cost recommendations to management.
• Generates forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance, operations, supply chain, programs, engineering and other areas of business for financial and strategic planning purposes.
• Researches economic progressions to assist the organization's financial planning.
• Creates financial models of "what if" scenarios to help future business planning decisions
• Develops and maintains financial information systems.
• Utilizes ACE tools to drive process improvements
Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience
Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience
High School Diploma and 11 years of relevant experience is required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience with Excel (V-Lookup, PivotTable, etc.) and PowerPoint
Experience analyzing financial data
Experience meeting project deadlines
Experience working on multiple projects
Experience presenting to team members and leadership
Experience working with SAP
Familiarity with HFM and Hyperion Essbase
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.