United Technologies Corporation HX Aero/Thermal Engineer in Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Job ID: 01335151
City: Windsor Locks
Country: United States
Category: Thermal Fluid Sciences, Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a recognized Design Engineering master. Drives the design of major components and new products, selects materials, and confers with internal and external stakeholders regarding engineering projects.
• Work with an Integral Product Development team to develop heat exchangers
• Execute the design and analysis of heat exchanger components
• Establish and mature Aero/Thermal capabilities within heat exchanger product line.
• Develop product specific methods for use in the design and analysis of heat exchanger components not limited to, but including:
• 1-D thermodynamic sizing of traditional and additively manufactured heat exchangers
• Component level thermal analysis
• 3-D CFD-based evaluation of component performance
• Lead the development of heat exchanger aero/thermal practitioner base
• Provide oversight and mentorship
• Foster an environment of innovation and knowledge sharing, leveraging knowledge base across UTC business units
• Develop process automation and streamline data transfer between upstream & downstream functions.
• Create test plans for the validation and verification of component thermodynamic performance and thermal behavior.
• Create dynamic, engaging and robust engineering standards
• High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and 20+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience, OR
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution with 15+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience, OR
• Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution with 10+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Proficient in the use of PC based office software.
• Ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written form.
• Experience with sizing of traditional and additively manufactured heat exchangers
• Ability to perform CFD on complex geometries to aid in thermal sizing/optimization of Heat exchangers
• Ability to manage parallel responsibilities and meet schedule commitments.
• Excellent English writing skills including the ability to write clear and thorough stress report.
• Ability to understand code/script tools (Python, MatLab, VB, etc.).
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to a U.S. Person. At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.).
• Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.