United Technologies Corporation Power & Controls Product Engineering Rotation Program in Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Job ID: 01363815
City: Windsor Locks
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
03: Building 03 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
This position is an entry-level Project Engineering professional. Participates in engineering activities that further success of overall project objectives. Organizes data, and prepares, maintains and develops recommendations for plans and progress reports to monitor project progress. Escalates problems as needed and works to complete project tasks. This opening is part of a 2 year rotational program through the PWES Make and Buy Organizations. The selected candidate's first 6 month position will be with the Mechanical Make Group. Followed by six month assignments in the Mechanical Buy/Electrical Buy/Electrical Make groups. Followed by outplacement at the end of the 2-year period.
• Participates in the preparation and maintenance of project plans, budgets, and staffing requirements to ensure that all action item lists are completed and project quality expectations are met.
• May estimate costs, resources, and time required to complete projects to ensure business targets are met.
• Gathers data to monitor projects' progress in terms of cost, schedule and technical specifications to facilitate operations and ensure that established objectives and budgets are achieved.
• Prepares plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) to ensure that established targets are met.
• Escalates project problems and develops recommendations for solutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
• Responsible for project assignments with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives.
• Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
• Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
• Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management.
• Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
• Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Represents UTC as the primary customer contact for projects.
• Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedules for project(s).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.