United Technologies Corporation Senior Manager, Forgings Commodity in Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Job ID: 01375723
City: Windsor Locks
Country: United States
Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
02: Building 02 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.Role Overview
This position is for a Senior Commodity / Account Management & Strategic Sourcing professional with significant experience. Develops and implements network, supplier selection, and negotiation strategy in support of organization’s standards for price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply. Partners with internal clients and stakeholders to identify sourcing needs and develops strategies.
• Owns and develops elements of commodity / account management and strategic sourcing strategy.
• Develops and implements supply chain strategies and develops networks that address capacity issues, production location decisions, etc.
• Evaluates and selects suppliers that meet the organization’s standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of the supply.
• Establishes negotiation strategy for award contracts, specifying spending limits and qualified sources of supply.
• Partners with internal clients and stakeholders to identify sourcing needs and develops sourcing strategies.
• Directs analysis of suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
• Develops a strategic plan for a commodity or a strategic supplier.
• Responsible for overall relationship with one or multiple strategic accounts across a given commodity.
• Leads sourcing process from RFQ to contract signature.
• Ensures supplier or commodity is performing to the designed UTC requirements from delivery, quality and cost perspective.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.