United Technologies Corporation Transition Project Engineer in Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Job ID: 01319429
City: Windsor Locks
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Role Overview :
This position is an entry-level Project Engineering professional. Participates in engineering activities that further success of overall project objectives. Organizes data, and prepares, maintains and develops recommendations for plans and progress reports to monitor project progress. Escalates problems as needed and works to complete project tasks.
• Participates in the preparation and maintenance of project plans, budgets, and staffing requirements to ensure that all action item lists are completed and project quality expectations are met.
• May estimate costs, resources, and time required to complete projects to ensure business targets are met.
• Gathers data to monitor projects' progress in terms of cost, schedule and technical specifications to facilitate operations and ensure that established objectives and budgets are achieved.
• Prepares plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) to ensure that established targets are met.
• Escalates project problems and develops recommendations for solutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
• Responsible for project assignments with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives.
• Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
• Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
• Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management.
• Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
• Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Represents UTC as the primary customer contact for projects.
• Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedules for project(s).
Candidates for this role should possess a theoretical knowledge, typically obtained through University Degree. This position requires a Bachelor's Degree or three years of prior relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons. At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.