United Technologies Corporation Senior Purchasing Manager in Winston Salem, North Carolina
Job ID: 01367507
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HNC31: US095-Winston-Salem (Fairchild 1455 Fairchild Road , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
• Establishes key elements of Supply Chain plans in terms of operations, specific interventions, related costs and timelines, in line with organizational strategy.
• Develops new systems and processes in support of Supply Chain strategy. Leads collaboration with channel partners, including suppliers, intermediaries, third party service providers, and customers.
• Directs implementation of large scale supply chain management related programs and processes; Engages and collaborates with other functions/vendors to support strategic goals.
• Gathers inputs on prices of different raw materials from primary and secondary sources; identifies opportunities for outsourcing and cost reduction and all other related information important to develop the supply chain management strategy.
• Provides inputs on cost saving opportunities; Provides market cost data to formulate the budget for the year.
• Sets frameworks for implementing guidelines on contract development.
• Manages adherence to import, export, and excise regulation as per compliance.
• Manages major responsibilities across multiple supply chain disciplines on a regular basis.
• Performs supply chain activities that cannot be attributed to a defined discipline.
• May also include professional employees required to perform activities across several disciplines on smaller sites.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.